Thursday, October 2, 2008

andrew sovjani



Andrews work is very attractive and deals with the basics of photography; light and form. Here is a link to his page and an extract of his statement:

My photography is about the study of light and subtle relationships within a scene. Like the traditional Japanese poetry form of Haiku, my photography is an attempt to communicate the natural beauty in the everyday world around us that often goes unnoticed in our modern, usually hectic lives. By slowing down and seeing deeply, I am attempting to distill the visual chaos into a photographic image that reveals the essence or true nature of its subject

I believe that the printing of each negative constitutes the “performance” of the idea captured on film. I will never outsource this critical part of the process. I print each of my toned silver-gelatin photographs myself in a traditional darkroom using time-tested techniques and craft.